Comprehension A - Recall
Key Ideas and Details:
- Can I identify information explicitly stated in the passage?
- Do I know where to find specific information in the text?
- Explain the main idea of the passage.
- Recall specific details in the text.
Comprehension B - Inferring
Craft and Structure:
-Can I examine the sentence, paragraph or section to see how it relates to the main idea?
- Figure out what the word means by using contextual cues.
Integration of Knowledge
- Can I summarize the information to explain the main idea?
- Can I figure out what the author's tone/purpose is about the subject based on how they've written the passage?
- Stop. Think. Identify the big picture the author is trying to communicate.
- Compare and contrast the author's presentation of the topic to that of another source.